Friday, June 13, 2008

Almost a year!


I cannot believe my 'baby Owen' will be a year next month! It's odd... it seems like he has been with us more than a year, yet time with him has gone sooo fast.
He is such a wonderful child, always has been. He is just very content, very thoughtful, and curious about his surroundings. I'll always have my general complaints, you know...not sleeping through the night, resistant to stop nursing, his constant neediness. Beyond those SMALL complaints, he is wonderful and I know without a doubt that he was designed for me and my needs as a mother. As he gets older it is so fun to see him laugh, and love life. Take yesterday for instance...I was on my deathbed and throwing up everything I was eating or drinking. Well, Owen crawls into the bathroom and pulls himself up to the toilet as I am puking my brains out. I was so nervous that he would be scared, but instead he just laughs and laughs as if my throwing up was an attempt to entertain him. In that moment, I realized what a wonderful companion I have. Someone who can cheer me up even when I am at my worst. I love him, and cannot imagine a world without Owen in it.

8 comments:

me said...

I am sorry that you have been sick. Do you have the flu, or something ... different? Either way, feel better!

me said...

Thank you for thinking that my layout is cute. There is a link to my layout on my page, it is called loulee blogs. By the way, I LOVE your new layout.

mrs. timberlake said...

I love that question... do you have the flu or something different? Love it.

We are back so call us.

mrs. timberlake said...

I love that question... do you have the flu or something different? Love it.

We are back so call us.

Claire said...

So is it the flu? Yuck, no fun. Glad you were able to find humor in the situation. Hope you are feeling better.

Owen's Mommy said...

I guess I should clarify...yes to flu...NO to being preggers!

Corbin said...

Hey answer to your question is that I took Bentley to this kids place called cool cuts on Frank Lloyd Wright and 101! I just did it for the first experience....

ABQ Mom said...

It's so great to see that little boy getting bigger. He looks so much older than one year! Sorry I haven't been around much, I'm going to try to do better!