Monday, October 1, 2007

Time to Toot Mom's Horn

For me personally, motherhood has brought on a feeling of invincibility. You know the inward conversation, "If I can give birth and raise a child, I can do anything." So I have done anything. I used to be pretty creative, so I have tried to tap into that side of my brain again.

My first attempt was a set of paintings for Owen's room, then I planted some herb gardens in the backyard, and my latest attempt is a wreath for the house. I also have given myself time to read again, and have HAPPILY completed three 600 page books in two weeks. YEAH. Pretty good if I do say so myself...toot, toot!

3 comments:

Josh and Gloriana said...

LOVE you paintings! I am so glad you are taking that up again- you were always creative and talented in those kind of things. I am jealous that you are getting to do all those fun things - and cuddle a cute baby boy all day! jealous!

andi said...

You ARE so talented! I love those paintings! Before I read that you did them yourself (toot toot), I was thinking, "Wow, where did she get those? Pier 1?" You are such a cute mommy!

ABQ Mom said...

I didn't know you were so artsy? You have me curious to see these paintings of yours.