Monday, October 1, 2007

Stay Young Forever

So yesterday in church a sister had brought her two week old, beautiful baby boy. Well of course he is beautiful...he looks just like Owen did when he was born. Oh, that baby made me miss my newborn Owen. However, at the time I was completely freaked out because he was so small, fragile, and still figuring out how to eat. But now knowing that he will be fine... he will learn how to eat, and he WILL get bigger, I wish I would have enjoyed his first month stage a bit more.

Now I finally understand when parents say "they grow up too fast". Look at this picture just a few short months ago. He ALWAYS had to ware his mittens to avoid scratching his face, and he barely fit in his newborn diapers, now is his waring 2's (aka 12-15 pound diapers). Where does the time go?? Soon he'll be in his awkward teen years with braces, pimples, and crushes on girls that don't know he exists. NOOOOOOOOOO! Stay young forever, Owen.

2 comments:

Josh and Gloriana said...

honey you are so cute - it kills me! i want to see this little booger! come to SF!

ABQ Mom said...

The first six months are my absolute favorite. I love the first couple of months too, so small, and dependant.

My kids get too independent way too fast...