Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Story of the name...

I feel as though people are wanting a very interesting story as to why we chose to switch the baby's name to Presley. I'll give it my best shot...we had always been deciding between Presley, or Naomi. Naomi stuck because it was a little old fashioned, different, almost exotic. Then, wait, do we want our newborn to seem exotic?? I also felt a strong pressure to keep the name because I literally posted it on her bedroom walls! When we had doubts in the hospital we just started racking our brains for every name out there, and we kept coming back to Presley. It fits her! Luckily so because all we keep hearing is, "we didn't like Naomi much anyway." Thanks guys!

8 comments:

thebakerbook said...

LOVE Presley!!! She is gorgeous!

doug and becky said...

Congratulations Liz and Michael!! She is beautiful and I love the name choice. Can't wait to meet her. Are you guys coming out this way again anytime soon?! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying the new babe. Congrats again.

mrs. timberlake said...

Excuse me....
i said...
"naomi judd?" from the VERY beginning....

mrs. timberlake said...

p.s... back to Presley...

SHE IS FREAKING CUTER THAN CUTE... and I could eat her over a White Chocolate Grill Brownie......

Love Her!

Jilly Bean said...

Presley is an adorable name and it's a-okay to change your mind! She's beautiful!!

Claire said...

Congratulations! It is a beautiful name, I like Naomi too. So glad that all is well.

Josh and Gloriana said...

i loved Naomi also- loved it! But I guess I can live with Presley ;) she is adorable!

keriloveselias said...

I just read this and realized her name had changed....I really, really loved Naomi. But, I think Presley is soo cute as well!! She is darling.