Monday, September 24, 2007

Hawaii

So Mike and I leave for Hawaii in about two weeks. Yes, I know...VERY EXCITING. However, not so exciting when I am leaving the one thing I can't imagine enjoying Hawaii without. OWEN. My pride and joy is being left with Grandma Kontak for a whole week.

Interesting how I long for a date night, a restful nights sleep, and a looooooooong warm shower...all things that exclude my little guy, and now I have the opportunity for a week...and all I want is my Owen to join us in Hawaii. Must we always want what we can't have?

5 comments:

g said...

oh how fun! a much deserved break for you guys- i wish i could babysit Owen for the week! what a cutie pie! - we need to chat about san fran.

andi said...

So nice that you will get a vacation! But I bet it will be hard to leave him. If Grandma Kontak or G fall through on the babysitting, you can always send the little guy to Texas with me!

Erin said...

your little one is so cute! I wouldn't want to leave him either. But I bet you will still have fun...Hawaii will be so relaxing.

em said...

Hey! I just found your blog through G...I'm a blog-stalker, I admit it.

Your little guy is adorable! When was he born?? He's not too much younger than my little guy. AND I have to say, good choice on the name :)

And enjoy Hawaii--it will fly by.

ABQ Mom said...

Wow, you're so brave. I have never even left my kids overnight. Someday I suppose. Have a great time!